At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Fluid Subsystems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in 4/10 2nd Shift. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. Essential Functions:
- Experience in the design of hardware for subsystem fluid systems such as ECS, Fuel, and or Hydraulic system installations.
- Create and modify designs in 3D environment of details, assemblies, and installations of supports/ flanges and attachments, tube assemblies. Execute engineering design projects on schedule.
- Support assembly line installations.
- The candidate should also have an understanding of 3D modeling, modern file management systems, GD&T, and MRB.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- This position can be a Principal Engineer Mechanical or Senior Principal Engineer Mechanical.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of STEM related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of experience, or a PhD. Senior Principal Engineer Mechanical 7 years of experience or 4 years with a Masters.
- Experience in military aircraft fluid systems architecture development, system installation hardware design, fluid system requirements definition, specifications development, and/or fluid system design verification and validation.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineer preferred.
- Experience with NX 3D modeling tools or similar systems for the design of fluid subsystems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees, diverse technical teams and management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941849Posted: 2020-06-25