At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary hardware that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Modeling and Simulation Analyst, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will report to the Director of Space Systems Sector Modeling and Simulation. This position will be based in the Dulles, Virginia area but remote operation from a major Northrop Grumman facility with travel to Dulles, VA, approximately one week per month will be considered. Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Responsible for modeling and simulation integration across the five divisions within Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector.
- Developing modeling and simulation capabilities to support sector-level future concepts.
- Developing models to support corporate cross-domain modeling and simulation activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 9 years of experience within space programs spanning system engineering architecture, requirements development, design, verification & test, and mission operations.
- Modeling and simulation experience across at least two of the following space engineering disciplines:
- RF payloads
- EO/IR payloads
- Narrow and wide-band communications
- Data distribution and fault management
- Space vehicle guidance, navigation and control:
- Attitude and ephemeris determination
- Attitude slew and tracking kinematics and closed-loop control
- Space vehicle power systems
- Space vehicle thermal systems
- Current and active Secret clearance
- Current and active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with multi-domain modeling and simulation (air-space and others).
- Software experience to include: Matlab, C++, Python, STK, Camtasia, SVN, GitHub, AFSIM, and/or Java
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554941869Posted: 2020-06-04