Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Material Process Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. Essential Functions:
Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems. Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes. Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications. Material analyses may include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications. May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field
- 5 years of full-time engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR 2 years of full-time engineering experience in an aerospace environment and a Masters Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math )field
- Ability to obtain, in-scope DoD Top secret or SCI clearance
- Experience in parts, materials and process selection, manufacturing support, failure analysis, and processing of materials for air or space hardware
- Experience with electronics coatings technologies, including Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD)
- Familiarity with PM&P requirements per Aerospace TOR-2006(8583)-5235 /-5236, MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-883
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.