At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Ground Systems Development Department, part of Northrop Grumman's Strategic Space Systems Division in Manhattan Beach, CA
is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer
to develop and integrate complex electronic test systems and electronic hardware units in support of space flight programs.
The electronic hardware development responsibilities include: architecture design, detailed design, performing customer briefings/reviews, hardware test, site integration, and post-delivery support. Primary deliverables are flight electronics test systems and satellite system operational ground based hardware.
The candidate will work closely in a team environment with other engineering functions, including: Flight Engineering, Systems Engineering, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Production, Procurement, and Program Management to meet schedule and technical requirements.
The ideal candidate has college coursework, internships or job experience which includes any of the following:
- Design, integration, and test of Digital and Analog/RF circuits
- Electronic circuit board design (PCBs/CCAs)
- Electronic drawers/units design and/or test
- Small to large electronic subsystem design and/or test
Some responsibilities include:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications
- Detailed Digital, RF, or Analog analysis at the component level
- FPGA design, functional simulation, and test vector creation
- PCB/CCA design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Unit design, development, test, and integration
- Electronic Test System (Test Set) design, development, test, and post-delivery support
- Worst case performance analysis for critical Digital and/or RF signals
- Developing and presenting design reviews for internal and external customers
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Be majoring in or having majored in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher.
- Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Experience in VHDL/Verilog and digital design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner and have a strong interest in developing hardware
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.