In the Defense Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems that keep our world safe. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer / Software Engineer to develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems. This role will help foster the establishment and maintenance of a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization in Orlando, FL.
The selected candidate will join the team in a strong matrix organization, collaborating with peers across the organization and will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Collaborating well with other engineers and program leadership.
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 2.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
BQs for a Software Engineer 3 are:
BQs for a Software Engineer 2 are:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 5 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 3 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects
*Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 2 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 0 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects
- Extensive experience in developing and debugging applications in C#
- Experience with Multi-Threading concepts and libraries
- Experience understanding and writing applications utilizing Asynchronous Operations
- Experience developing distributed applications
- Displays good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use including typical office applications (MS Office Suite)
- Working familiarity with standard modern engineering development tools and processes
- US Citizenship is required with ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Current Active Secret or Interim Secret Clearance
- Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Familiar with Akka.NET, SQL, GIT or Entity Framework
- Experience working with PostGres databases.
- Experience with network programming, particularly with SNMP and SSH protocols.
- Software development familiarity with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, BitBucket)
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of sophisticated software systems in stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience performing in software development teams using Agile or waterfall process and continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.