At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history!
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Principle Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our Global Supply Chain Goods Movement team located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the analysis and coordination of change activity between Engineering, Logistics and Global Supply Chain to ensure an uninterrupted supply of parts in support of all program requirements.
• Plans, prepares, issues and controls production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed. Schedules equipment and personnel, confirms material supply and demands, prepares work orders or purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders.
• Employee must be able to lead a team of lower classified personnel that involve a SOW for multiple programs.
• Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, materials and services are provided as needed.
• Resolving master schedules and production problems and negotiating lead times. Coordinating interdepartmental activity with engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, supplier management, logistics and sustainment to resolve schedule misalignment, business system constraints and requirement inconsistencies. The selected candidate must be able to represent the organization for program status meetings and experience facilitating presentations to all levels of leadership up to the director level. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of demonstrated success/problem solving skills in supply chain, operations or logistics; 8 years with a Masters.
- Must be proficient in SAP, MRP, ERP, MES and MS Office
- Must be able to multi task for multiple process's and programs.
Demonstrated leadership success and ability to influence team members, interact with peers and all levels of management in the organization.
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret level DOD clearance
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance in scope within 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.