Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Thermal Engineer (Level 3) to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This opportunity is located in Azusa, CA.
Successful candidate will be working closely with subject matter experts from multiple disciplines, the candidate will perform thermal control system design and analysis, and support environmental testing and mission operations for space-based platforms. The candidate must have strong understanding and application of technical principles and concepts in the field of thermal engineering and general knowledge of other related disciplines. Thermal Engineers in this role are expected to work independently with general direction to develop creative solutions and technical recommendations for program success. Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) & 5 years of professional experience in thermal engineering for space based applications, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 3 years of professional experience in thermal engineering for space based applications
- Proficiency using industry standard thermal analysis software (SINDA, Thermal Desktop, or TSS)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 3+ years of professional experience specific to design and analysis of thermal control systems for space-based applications
- Familiarity with thermal engineering design, analysis, and test processes for DoD and/or NASA space programs
- Familiarity with passive and active cryogenic modeling, design, and test
- Familiarity with thermal modeling and analysis of launch environments, including FMH
- Active DOD Secret security clearance or Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554942055Posted: 2020-05-21