At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Division designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems Division(TSS) designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is a leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Systems seeks to fill a Manager Level 2 Electrical Engineering, Integration & Test position in the Engineering function for our Gilbert, Arizona location. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within a program.
Position Competencies and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must.
- Provides Functional Management oversight for a team of Electrical Engineers or Electrical Technicians.
- Provides staffing and workload forecasting; employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development; employee training and identification and training of skills required to execute on programs.
- Provides Problem Solving Expertise and capability to mentor the team in problem solving skills
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading technical teams.
- Provides Leadership for the technical direction of the Electrical Test Area for Satellite Integration and Test
- Ensures the communication of the project or product status and path forward is clear and provided to all stakeholders
- Drives the Metrics for Quality, Schedule, Cost and Productivity for the Test Area. Continuous Process Improvement
- Leads the effort to improve the New Product Introduction Product Lifecycle - early involvement with the development team
- Coordinates with Program Management, Development Engineering, Operation Areas, and Manufacturing Management to ensure plans are created and resolution of technical issues
- Technical Contributor and Process Implementation Lead as part of the Gilbert Engineering Management Team.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Electrical Engineering Degree or STEM discipline
- 6 years minimum experience Aerospace experience
- Minimum of 2 years of proven demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- This position requires the applicant to be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain and hold a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical discipline
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experienced in all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle.
- Experience in I&T for Satellite products
- High proficiency in problem solving.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.