Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join the team. This position will be located in Huntsville and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
Lead systems engineer in Huntsville in support of DET activities. Facilitate requirement needs of local community with DET SMEs in Roy, UT. Ensure systems engineering practices are followed in support of requirements development and subsequent design, development, documentation, and on site testing of applications software and systems that support DET integration. Collaborates with other IPTs on site along with DET personnel to support Digital Engineering Environment objectives.
Additional tasks will include:
- Lead, Definition, Development, Evaluation and Maintenance of DoDAF/UPDM UML-based Models of architecture viewpoints, including requirements and parametric models in CAMEO or similar technology
- Support the development of System Architecture Descriptions and associated artifacts, such as system design descriptions consistent with DoD Data Item Description guidance
- Perform Model access, configuration management and change control
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
GBSDJObsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a stem related field of study.
- Active Secret clearance investigated within the last 6 years
- Leadership of small work teams. Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), tools, techniques and concepts; Familiarity with the Systems Engineering "V" model (IEEE 15288, 12207) and all phases of its lifecycle.
- At least 3 years of experience CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages; Technical Experience with SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions
- Travel Required: 10% to meet with Core team in Utah
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.