Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators; interacts with users and evaluates vendor products; make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
• Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources; ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
• Administration of Windows systems within strict security policies and procedures.
• Complete understanding and application on principles, concepts, practices and standards as related to Windows OS.
• Creating accurate, detailed technical procedures and installation instructions.
• Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
• Prepare security documentation for submission to the regulatory agencies as required.
• The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other system administrators and computer/facility organizations.
• Multi-tasking with good communication skills; both verbal and written are a must.
• Represent organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
• Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations; may develop and deliver presentations.
• Perform fairly complex tasks and participate in determining objectives of assignment.
• Plan schedules and arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives; work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
• Active Top Secret security clearance.
• Ability to maintain Top Secret security clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to Special Access Programs.
• DoD 8570 Certificate Compliance (i.e. Security+, CASP, etc.).
• Microsoft SCCM (OS and application deployment).
• Citrix XenDesktop.
• VMWare vSphere.
• Cisco Call Manager, Linux (RHEL), SAN experience.
• Microsoft SCSM.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554942161Posted: 2020-05-21