Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Nuclear Surety Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.What you will get to do:
- Provide systems engineering, integration, and test support to ICBM development and modification program
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
- Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports (Nuclear Surety Evaluations)
- Evaluate physical security designs/implementations for compliance with DoD mandated requirements
- Work with sub-contractors to ensure designs/artifacts are compliant with AF and DoD criteria for nuclear weapons systems
- Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
- Interface with AF customer
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This opportunity may either be filled at a Systems Engineer (2) or Principal Systems Engineer (3) level.
GBSDJobsQualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- BQs for a Systems Engineer are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Principal Systems Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics; 3 Years with Masters
- Active Secret Security Clearance investigated within the last 6 years.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML
- Experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
- Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
- Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
- Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
- Problem Solving
- General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.