Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for a Systems Engineering, Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering position are:
• Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and network components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as operational ground control stations for unmanned systems and laboratory or training simulation systems
• Supports integration and troubleshooting of existing/legacy applications
• Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
Northrop Grumman Military and Veteran Program is looking for service members to join our team. Your leadership, knowledge, experience, and dedication to the mission is very valuable and we would like to help you find a career. Applicants must meet all basic qualifications as outlined below.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (STEM)
• U.S Citizen
• Active DoD Secret (Or Higher) clearance
• Has served at least 180 days on active duty and separated or currently serving in the Guard or Reserve.
• Will receive or has received an honorable discharge
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills and Systems Thinking mindset
• Excellent decision making and communication (written and oral) skills
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
• Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems
• Active clearance completed within the last 6 years
Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software. Agile experience a plus.
• Knowledge of MATLAB, C, C++, CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML, Python, or other scripting languages
• Experience with Model Based Engineering (MBE) concepts and tools (Rhapsody)
• Working knowledge of DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
• Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
• Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems evaluation
• Experience in development and earned value management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
• Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to Targeting, EOIR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
• Ability and willingness to travel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Posting ID: 554942206Posted: 2020-05-28