Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Components Business Unit is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Coordinator 2
to join our team. This position is located in Goleta, CA
and will be on 1st shift.Position Summary / Responsibilities
Qualifications :Basic Qualifications:
- Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties;
- May work out of a central warehouse.
- Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting.
- Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements.
- Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment.
- (Un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents;
- Reports materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges and routes merchandise to destinations.
- High School diploma OR GED and a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Verify items and quantities on vendor pack list against physical items and quantities received
- Verify data on pack list from vendor against purchase order
- Post receipt against purchase order and deliver items to appropriate department or individual
- Working knowledge of MS Office preferred
- Must be detailed oriented and have good communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with change
- Ability to solve problems
- Able to lift 25 plus pounds
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- U.S. Citizenship required
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Experience working with customers and government representatives
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.