Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting Teamis actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidatesfor phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.
Penske Truck Leasing is seeking a Sales & Management Trainee to join our Vehicle Remarketing Department.
The primary focus of this position is to make outbound calls to interested buyers, and cold call prospective customers in order to generate leads for sales representatives to follow up on. The goal of this position is to create qualified customers to eventually result in the sale. Additionally, this role will also reach out to dealer and fleet customers that we have not sold to in an extended period to generate additional opportunities, and also assist with listing and maintaining inventory on major auction and aggregator websites. This position will prepare you for greater levels of responsibility within the Remarketing department.Work Location:
2561 Bernville Road Reading PA 19605Major Responsibilities:
- Make outbound calls to retail and wholesale web and field leads, previous purchasers, inquirers that did not purchase and other prospects to generate new sales
- Effectively managing time to contact as many customers as possible.
- Finding additional customers above and beyond those who express interest.
- Follow-up calls, setting appointments
- Take inbound calls when necessary to handle call volume and as part of ongoing training
- Assist with managing inventory on various auction websites
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred concentration in Business or Marketing
- Some sales or customer service experience required
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must have written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with windows based programs required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.Work Locations:
ATTN: VCL REMARKETING 2561 Bernville Rd Reading, PA 19605Primary Location:
Sales/Customer ServicePenske (Oracle) Job Name:
Sales/Customer ServiceReq ID: