- Fabricate intricate fiber optic subassemblies and perform integration of subassemblies with electrical and mechanical components for breadboard, prototype, and production units
- Work with engineers to support the transition of photonic subsystem designs into production
- Perform optical or electrical testing and characterization as specified by design engineers
- Independently follow test procedures and record detailed test data
- Order parts, materials and equipment required for assembly and testing of photonic subassemblies
- Maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
Skills and Knowledge:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience with custom, fine assembly
- Fiber optic splicing processes and equipment, including arc fusion splicers, cleavers, and re-coaters
- Use of optical sources, power meters, and optical spectrum analyzers to test optical components
- General understanding of basic photonic principles
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in a related technical field is desirable; 5 years of related experience is required, or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Working Conditions:
- Work is typically performed in office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
NSIS.TECHSUP Job Location
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Posting ID: 554942939Posted: 2020-05-21