United States of America - Virginia, NorfolkJob Summary
AECOM is seeking a qualified and motivated Project Engineer for our office in Norfolk, VA to support the Water Business Line's Program Management group. This position will support the delivery of a long-term capital improvement program located throughout the Hampton Roads area. The qualified applicant will have experience in water/wastewater engineering and construction management, and will be familiar with the design, construction and operation of water, wastewater and/or water reuse treatment and conveyance infrastructure. The position includes large project planning and design, construction services oversight, schedule/budget management and client interface, all in an interesting and rewarding Program Management work environment.
The successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively with project team members, have a high level of initiative and motivation to deliver quality results, have strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a team environment providing value-added, innovative solutions and maintaining strong client relationships.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and global career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to join our team of professional and be a key delivery lead on a high profile regionally significant program. As an essential contributor to the Program Management team, you would possess the following:Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineer in Virginia or ability to obtain reciprocity within six (6) months of hire
- Experience with both design-bid-build and alternative delivery procurement options for projects at water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Experience in coordination with Virginia regulatory agencies.
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. Citizenship or Green Card Holder is required.
What We Offer
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Project Management experience
- 4-8 years of relevant experience preferred
- Associate DBIA certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Expected to communicate regularly stakeholders informally, in writing, one-on-one, and in meetings
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented and inclusive Program Management Organization culture.
- Positive attitude, good aptitude, and strong initiative will integrate well with our existing group of outstanding and diverse professionals.
- Troubleshoots complex project related problems and provides engineering support.
- Builds and maintains technical and leadership skills through training opportunities, external training, and involvement in professional society functions.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.