What You'll Get to Do:
Provide hands-on leadership for web-based application development support in Java for a range of custom-built applications, across multiple browsers, as well as providing technical guidance to a small team of developers. You will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of creative development solutions, and maintenance and support of legacy solutions.
You should be comfortable creating deliverables for design and deployment, and have experience working with customers, identifying and implementing development standards and best practices, and mentoring a small team of developers is following those standards.
You will be delegated responsibility of several applications and for all phases of the build process from planning to design, development and release. The position requires strong hands on technical knowledge of Java as well as writing PL/SQL packages and Linux scrips, experience mentoring junior developers, and a high degree and ability to work independently.
More About the Role: Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Understand system-wide requirements in order to offer the best technical solution across the EOUSA enterprise
- Develop detailed technical designs
- Assist and guide team members in technical challenges
- Analyze and identify common and reusable software components
- Develop common and reusable software components and communicate to the team
- Implement organizational guidelines, best practices, and coding standards
- Ensure guidelines, best practices, and coding standards are followed across all software development activities
- Share knowledge and empower team members to perform independently
- Identify technical risks and communicate to the manager and/or client
- Interface between the team, management, and as needed the EOUSA customer
You'll Bring These Qualifications: Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 total years' overall programming/development experience
- 7 or more years of experience programming in Java, J2EE and comprehensive understanding of J2EE design patterns
- 3 or more years of experience leading development teams, preferably supporting federal government programs
- Familiarity with Agile SecDevOps methods
- Experience in using web frameworks such as AJAX, Struts, Hibernate, Bootstrap and Spring, etc.
- Experience in creating and using EJBs
- Experience working within formal lifecycle frameworks where formal customer approval of project deliverables was required
- Experience working with PL/SQL in packages and code blocks
- Experience with at least one lightweight scripting language, e.g. Perl, Bash, Python
- US Citizenship with active Public Trust or the ability to obtain
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Graduate Degree in relevant field
- Certification: Scrum Master, or similar
- Other relevant technical certifications
- JBoss experience a plus
- Linux experience a plus
- LDAP experience a plus
- Oracle and/or SQL Server experience a plus
- Security+ (or similar) certification
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success. Job Location
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.