Benefits Ambassador (2020-2021 SY) (4 positions) JobID: 33961 Position Type:
06 - Admin Support/Secretarial/Clerical/Benefits TechnicianDate Posted:
For Fiscal Year:
2020-2021 Additional Information: Show/HideMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Incumbent must have a minimum of four (4) years of related experience. SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires vast knowledge in the areas of benefits, leave, flexible spending accounts, COBRA and HIPPA compliance. Incumbent must have mental alertness and adaptability to office routines, good telephone and oral communication skills and have good public relations techniques. This position requires the ability to work with co-workers effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy and tactfulness. Incumbent must possess the ability to host and attend events at various locations and demonstrate ability to be pro-active, take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.JOB PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for educating internal customers on benefit and leave information. Incumbent will provide excellent customer service to the employees of the district by thoroughly educating them on all aspects of the Benefits programs including plan administration, new hire and open enrollment processes, employee education, wellness program promotion, leave. resolution of complex employee issues and life event changes. Additionally, incumbent must show willingness to comply with local, state and federal legislation surrounding benefits and leave administration.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Benefits products and services, reporting feedback from employees.
- Answer a variety of inquiries regarding District benefits and leave in-person, via phone or email.
- Manage electronic employee benefit enrollment and changes.
- Explain eligibility for District benefits, leave programs and options to employees.
- Understand employee benefits programs and applicable laws, including COBRA, IRS Section 125 guidelines the Affordable Care Act requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of District's benefits plans and district policies.
- Advise employees on the various benefit plans options, policies and procedures. Stay current with ongoing changes to policies and procedures.
- Receive and account for payments (cash and check) for insurance from employees on long-term leave.
- Participate in New Hire Onboarding, New Teacher Orientation and other departmental in-service events.
- Coordinate and conduct regular meetings and other communication with appropriate campus personnel to assess, maintain and improve participation and satisfaction.
- Create and deliver presentations on various benefit related topics throughout the District.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive issues.
- Coordinate and deliver Wellness presentations.
- Attend monthly meetings with Director or Assistant Director to assess efficacy of programs.
- Perform routine clerical duties.
- Assist other technicians in daily activities.
Perform other related duties as assigned; however, all employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position involves working in a normal office setting and/or at various locations throughout the District and frequent travel to various district locations is required. Personal transportation is required. Incumbent must be able to walk, stand, bend and lift/carry work-related items, such as employee communication materials. Work may be performed under conditions of frequent interruptions. This position may involve rare exposure to blood or body fluids. Regular attendance is required for this position. PERSONAL WORK RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports directly to the Director of Benefits. Incumbent will communicate regularly with employees participating in group insurance plan; talk regularly with group insurance carriers, data processing and payroll personnel.COMPENSATION:
Duty Days: 260
Pay Grade: NIS06
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Employee Discount ProgramClosing Date: Until FilledAn Equal Opportunity Employer