Duke Health Highlights:
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights:
Duke Hyperbaric Chamber seeks to hire a PRN Clinical Nurse II or Clinical Nurse III for the Hyperbaric medicine team
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
. Experts in Duke's hyperbaric oxygen therapy program use pressurized oxygen to speed healing of wounds including skin grafts, diabetic foot ulcers, and infections. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is also effective treatment for diving and altitude injuries, serious burns, carbon monoxide poisoning, and smoke inhalation. We operate one of the nation's largest hyperbaric chambers, and develop customized treatment plans to help you recover quickly. Hyperbaric therapy is often associated with treating decompression sickness among divers, carbon monoxide poisoning, and gas gangrene. It is also effective at promoting wound healing and fighting infection. Breathing 100 percent oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure, which can only occur within a pressurized chamber, triggers the body's natural wound-healing mechanisms so they can function more effectively. Job Duties
- Assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
- Communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
- Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
- Teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
- Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Have a working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions
- Have a working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Must have an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma. (All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.)
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina
- 1 year of previous RN experience is required.
- BCLS certification is required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred)
- Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market: