Monitors scheduling and timekeeping for all center employees. Controls center labor spend using GenStar scheduling and timekeeping software by reviewing potential leakage points daily.
1. Minimizes avoidable premium pay (overtime and agency) through effective scheduling and time keeping strategies
2. Ensures nursing HPPD is at the appropriate budgeted level and volume-adjusted schedule changes are made while balancing optimal utilization of employees with consistent quality care and labor spend.
3. Ensures and reviews pay period end to minimize overpayment of premium pay (overtime and agency) through effective time keeping and payroll strategies
4. Monitors centers labor management performance against key performance indicators to optimize clinical, financial and human resource operating results.
5. Searches for and reports root issues to problems occurring in scheduling and time keeping efficiencies
6. Ensures center compliance with Genesis personnel policy, Genesis labor management policy, center pay practices and collective bargaining agreements if applicable
7. Monitors pay practices and ensures appropriate utilization of resources
8. Maintains center nursing staff coverage at all times
9. Balances staffing needs, employee schedule preferences, and financial needs
10. Minimizes open positions and optimizes employees' schedules by performing position control analysis in collaboration with managers
11. Communicates open positions to administrator, scheduling manager, employee relations and recruiting
12. Responds to call-offs to ensure center coverage
13. Reviews and tracks time off requests. Coordinates schedule changes with management and secures advance approvals for booking agency staff
14. Communicates open shifts weekly to staffing services to fill temporary staffing needs
15. Ensures that non-nursing department heads maintain schedules and reconcile timecards daily in GenStar
16. Processes payroll in accordance with established policies and procedures
17. Reviews timecards daily to ensure proper authorization of overtime and adjustments
18. Enters special pay and bonus information daily
19. Resolves exceptions and special pay
20. Processes payroll corrections prior to post date
21. Responsible for assisting with the processing of benefits elections
22. Liason between Benefits department and Labor Spend Dept.
23. Files all reports
24. Responds to employee inquiries
25. Orients new employees through the welcoming program to ensure policy guidance
26. Maintains confidentiality
27. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Work experience preferably in healthcare and a bachelors degree is preferred2. Experience in scheduling, timekeeping, or payroll3. Experience with timekeeping systems and software4. Works flexible hours in order to meet with employees who work 24/75. Willing to travel as necessary6. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 340735
Center Name: Shenandoah Center
Posting ID: 554943674Posted: 2020-05-21