Regional Ops System Manager
Are you an Technology professional interested in automation and digitalization?
Are you an energetic, problem solving leader looking for a fast-paced customer-centric environment?
Do you thrive working with internal and external customers; coordinating systems, project timelines and solutions?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you!
Within assigned sector and client and or region; Manages operational systems, processes, controls, and reporting designed to enhance operational performance and systems integrity for multiple sites, accounts, networks with complex systems requirements.Establishes operational enhancements to systems and processes that will enhance user functionality and overall efficiency.Implements and controls IT initiatives for assigned area of responsibility.Serves as systems liaison between operating divisions, vendors, customers, and internal departments to achieve operational objectives for region.Interfaces between external customers' operating systems and internal Company systems to ensure data integrity between the systems.
• Work with customers to define and deliver operational requirements (configuration / reporting)
• Develop on-site Superuser for new and existing operations
• CIP project management and implementation
• Drive operational efficiency through data mining
• Project resource planning and allocation
• Streamline labor planning
• Manage testing and training effort for projects and new operations
• Provide technical support for multiple operations
o Red Prairie 2003/2009/Rapid/2012/2014 support and development
o Avoid Help Desk ticket, expedite resolution
• VIEW development and maintenance
o Consumer sector development (15+ sites)
• BI Publisher report development
• Ad-hoc reporting development and maintenance
o Create reporting solutions where the VIEW is not a viable option
o Develop databasesand procedures for tracking site metrics (quality, service, attendance, etc.)
• Manages systems integrity for assigned area of responsibility (multi-site, account, networks, etc.).Configures setup for assigned site(s).Serves as primary technical support for site database operations, such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Freight Management Systems (FMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), etc.Ensures operational systems integrity, including setup and control processes.Maintains "super user" status to facilitate systems proficiency.
• Partners with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies, using system data to create operational plans.Provides regular communication regarding operational issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific issues, etc.Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations.Troubleshoots systemic issues and provides recommendations to resolve deficiencies.Develops and proposes enhancements designed to achieve increased service performance or decreased operating expenses.Ensures Service Level Agreement (SLA) is administered & enforced.
• Manages partnership with both customer and internal information technology to resolve technical issues within assigned area of responsibility.Ensures issues are identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner.Defines requirements for layout and design of site databases.Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems appropriate for use within assigned area.May work with system providers to obtain costs and develops business cases for system enhancements.Serves as project manager for systems implementations.
• Manages the production of performance indicators to monitor contractual Key Performance Indictors and operating measurements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.Designs, develops, and implements spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities (e.g., storage capacities, inventory, freight flow, transportation solutions, etc.).Identifies areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and providing operational enhancements.
• Develops standard operating procedures related to systems usage and associated training.Trains site staff on the use of systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity.Supports start-ups and ongoing activities.Conducts ongoing audits.
• Coordinates interfaces with Customer to analyze inventory variance and adjustments.Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
• Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment; calculates cost/benefit and business impact and proposes solutions.Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems.Develops and presents business cases to Customer and Company Leadership teams.
• Maintains responsibility for Inventory Control and management.
• Typically supports other site technology in assigned area, including servers, backup systems, phone systems, PCs/hardware, network devices (wiring and switches), and network connectivity.Handles troubleshooting and related maintenance contracts.
• May serve as backup Operations Manager as needed.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in IT similar flied or equivalent experience, preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in supply chain, distribution, or related field, required
• Experience leading systems implementations and managing projects, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures