Are you an Technology professional interested in automation and digitalization? Are you an energetic, problem solving leader looking for a fast-paced customer-centric environment? Do you thrive working with internal and external customers; coordinating systems, project timelines and solutions? If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you!
The primary purpose of this role is the creation or modification of software applications based on software specifications or the result of analysis in the case of incident resolution. The role will also perform moderate to complex design and creation of software specifications. Complies with team standards of programming and development methodology.Participates in project teams by designing and coding software to meet requirements and specifications. Collaborates with senior developers and mentors junior staff as needed.Attends status meetings and/or regularly communicates progress against project activities.
• Evaluates and provides technical solutions to moderately complex application development problems
• Creates functional requirements, gap analysis, and design documents.
• Designs, prototypes and applies best practices for new and/or existing systems including the development of test plans
• Develops specifications for and programs moderately complex technical modules and applications
• Works with management and architects to craft the best technical approach for the project at hand
• Gathers requirements and estimates project work into cost models
• Creates or modifies complex application software per specifications, on time and on budget in a quality manner
• Performs moderate to complex design and creates software specifications.
• Completes high complexity tasks
• Enforces unit testing, code and documentation standards within the organization
• Establishes priorities and executes to achieve results
• Creates software release notes, support documents, and user documentation
• Ensures proper version control of application software code
• Performs troubleshooting, debugging and testing of application software
• Resolves production support issues in a timely manner, including during non-business work hours
• Communicates effectively with manager, peers, and internal customers to relay status of work and raise challenges, concerns, questions, and issues as necessary
• Collaborate with senior developers to help author standard process and support related documents
• Stays abreast of the new technologies and help articulate pros and cons to the management team
• Mentors junior staff in appropriate technical and business skills and help coordinate their day-to-day tasks
• Understands database architecture, distributed infrastructure and various network technologies to develop robust and scalable solutions for the organization
• Configures and installs software and code in accordance to change management policies and procedures
• Performs code reviews and design reviews in order ensure quality of deliverables and functional requirements are achieved
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in IT similar flied or equivalent experience, required
•Relevant certifications (Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc.), preferred
•5+ years of progressive experience in an IT environment, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
Posting ID: 554944099Posted: 2020-05-21