Directs and supervises the activities of employees on assigned shift to achieve or exceed performance standards. Ensure a safe and hazard-free workplace. Ensure product quality and production efficiencies are at or above standard. Plans, develops and conducts employee training that includes on-the-job training in production processes/quality systems in compliance with all regulatory and technical requirements. Support the commitment and continual improvement to Food Safety and Quality programs. This person needs to promote and foster a positive teamwork environment consistent with our Vision, Mission and Core Values as well as maintain a positive work environment.
- Directs, motivates, trains, and instructs plant employees to ensure administration and enforcement of Company policies/procedures, governmental regulations, and customer requirements.
- Develops, trains, and sustains continuous improvement skills and tools to support sustainability of processes and systems.
- Ensures efficient production and maintenance labor utilization, production efficiencies, production yields, rework generation control, variable and fixed overhead costs, production related materials and costs, HACCP, and quality to meet standards for Food Safety, Quality and Service.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, including interviewing, hiring, and disciplining employees.
- Maintains a good working relationship with employees through strong interpersonal and oral communications, teamwork, counseling, and fair and consistent enforcement of Company policies and procedures.
- Prepares production reports, verifies daily labor, audits and verifies paperwork for HACCP, CCP and PCP's.
- Manages periodic cycle counts on all raw materials, packaging and finished product.
- Ensures SAP paperwork and procedures are maintained.
- Cooperates with and maintains open communication between shifts and departments.
- Conducts daily safety, sanitation and GMP compliance inspections.
- Monitors and orders supplies to ensure proper order quantities are met.
- Audits and approves the exceptions reports for employee punches
- Schedules employees to fill unscheduled vacancies
- Supports, via budget and human resource allocation, food safety and quality program development, maintenance and improvements
- Reports food safety and quality issues to immediate supervisor
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required
Posting ID: 554944917Posted: 2020-07-14