Description:Leads initial and site training of UH-60 and CH-47 flight systems instruction on NCM3 system. Conducts training courses, both on-site and on-line, for the company's applications and systems to include lectures and hands-on sessions.
Manages the daily operations of a Non-Rated Crew Member Man Module (NCM3) and ensures it's maintained to US Army standards and available for training.
Instructs and measures training progress of crew member students who train in the established aircrew training curriculum, provides input and courseware corrections and modifications to update training policies and procedures.
Assists in projects and development work as assigned, performs administrative and collateral duties relative to training such as record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, training development and maintenance of training programs.
Schedules, coordinates and executes numerous training events and additional crew members at home-station and with the movement of the NCM3 to effectively conduct training exercises for Active and Reserve components of the US Army at remote sites.
Works with applicable business unit/area to establish specifications of course, prerequisite skills and knowledge for trainees. Ensures that training courses address all levels of employees. Coordinates and assists in exercise development with the supported Unite Training Officer and SAF Operators.
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance tasks to achieve at least 90% operational readiness rate.
Collects, reviews, and analyzes course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions.
Serves as representative for all direct coordination with the Quality Assurance Representative (QAR).
Responsible for operating the NCM3 missions, SAF, and After Action Reviews (AAR) consoles. Uses hardware and software to input data efficiently to develop, store and transfer exercises and AARs.
Reviews, as requested, external training programs to determine feasibility of purchase as requested. Makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
Plans and schedules work requirements, coordinates site scheduling with the QAR, and conducts or assists in briefings and tour of site to all senior officers, training units and civilian personnel, including foreign dignitaries on official business.
Secret Clearance is required.
• Eight or more years of technical training experience as an Army Non-Rated Crew Member.
• Experience working with company software, systems, applications and network products
• Experience working with communications practices, principles and procedures for both on-site and on-line presentation
• Willingness to travel
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, engineering or related field preferred
• Two additional years of related training experience required.
• Must currently possess at a minimum an Interim security clearance and be able to obtain/maintain an active/valid US security clearance.
• Prior military experience and knowledge of transportation and convoy operations, up to and including major command level operations and training requirements.
• Knowledge of site technical and operational staff functions
• Experience with software languages
• Operates Semi Automated Forces (SAF) system and related exercise control systems per current and Applicable military doctrine, and as directed by the Battle Master Controller.
• Generates and controls semi-automated exercise tactical entities to meet military instructors, observer controllers, and unit commanders training intent. Programs BMC controller radio frequencies, weapons configurations, navigation waypoints, target coordinates, and weather environmental parameters. Loads and verifies correct missions initial conditions defaults prior to initialization of flight modules.
• Advises and provides guidance to exercise participants manning the role player stations.
• Develops and manages electronic files containing overlays, scenarios, and user provided portable flight planning software, (PFPS), files for use during future training iterations.
• Understands and applies basic aviation weather language and its application.
• The SAF operator must be able to interact flight crews of AH64A Apache, AH64D Longbow, and OH58D Kiowa combat helicopter during arming and refueling training scenarios.
• Understands and applies realistic control of semi automated forces, not limited to, infantry fighting vehicles, armor, infantry troops, artillery, rotary and fixed wing, combat service support elements, air defense systems, during day and night military training operations.
• Verifies navigational points using Military Grid Reference System (MGRS), coordinates.
• Must be able to communicate using UHF, VHF, FM, and HF tactical radios in the plain, and secure modes.
• Supports aviation training exercises, (ATX), in preparation for actual real life deployments.
• Facilitates device utilization for U.S. State Department sponsored training courses cadre conducting training in foreign languages.
• Must be able to communicate with U.S. Army flight crews and act as a crew chief if necessary, to complement air assault, sling loads, and Medevac operations. Monitors flight modules and generates calls to maintenance personnel standing by over portable radios.
• Operates playback of tactical map display, sensor video, MetaVR Stealth, and automated statistical reports recordings at the discretion of instructors and evaluators.
• • Supports training operations during weekends and shifting hours in a short notice when required.
• Conducts helmet mounted video display system user fittings.
• Monitors regularly posted training schedules updates ensuring reconfigurations requirements are met.
• Conducts limited simulator test flights supporting maintenance checks and engineering support efforts. Will be assigned additional areas of responsibilities not associated with primary SAF duties.
• Must be ready to travel with the AVCATT suite if relocated to training sites outside home station when required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Technicians Clearance Level: Secret Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First