Job ID: 523685BR Date posted: Apr. 01, 2020 City: Grand Prairie State: Texas Program: TOAR and GNC Engineers Description:Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is looking for a GNC engineer capable of scheduling missile autopilots and performing GNC design and analysis.
The candidate should be proficient in Matlab, Simulink and other control theories related to missile stabilization and acceleration control.
The candidate should have working knowledge of missile dynamics, aerodynamics and other aspects of forward and tail controlled missile autopilots.
The candidate should be able to use existing based tools, models, and tuning algorithms as well as modify them to achieve required performance criteria for missile DATCOM, and wind tunnel data sets.
Performance analysis and verification of will need to be made using digital simulations and later with and tests.
Come put your expertise to work pushing the boundaries of missile technology on products that make a difference.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
Please see the YouTube videos below as examples of work completed by the engineers in the group:
• Must posses an active Secret security clearance.
• Weapons experience across Guidance, Navigation and Controls (GNC) disciplines.
• C/+ and Matlab/Simulink.
• Experience modifying and tuning algorithms to achieve required performance criteria for missile aerodynamic data sets
• Experience analyzing and verifying GNC algorithms using digital simulations, and tests.
• Proficient in control theories related to missile stabilization and acceleration control.
• Strong communication skills. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Models and Simulations Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First
Posting ID: 554945559Posted: 2020-05-21