Description:Remote Sensing is looking for a creative problem solver to tackle the multi-faceted resiliency problems facing our various platforms. We are looking to cultivate a subject matter expert in an area undergoing both exponential growth and prominence. Our programs are ripe with opportunities for resiliency engineers to create, shape, and innovate products for generations to come.
As a Remote Sensing Resiliency Systems Engineer you will be on the forefront of technology integration into various unique national asset hardware systems. Job duties will include, though are not limited to:
• Co-operative participation in system-level, subsystem-level and component-level design reviews
• Requirements generation, decomposition and flow-down
• Customer and subcontractor interaction to develop technical solutions to design requirements
• Evaluation of design solutions and operational test scenarios for CONOPS development
• Participation in integrated system tests demonstrating and verifying spacecraft hardware and software
At Lockheed Martin, we are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward-thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Come join our team of resiliency engineers in Remote Sensing!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or closely related field
• Experience with hardware systems integration for satellite programs
• Knowledge of the Systems Engineering process including trade studies, design reviews, requirement development and system verification
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to operate and collaborate in a dynamic environment with solid time-management and self-motivation foundational skills
• Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and the mental flexibility to accept and evaluate multi-disciplinary feedback to do right by the mission
• Reliable interpersonal skills and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with cross-functional and inter-organizational team members
• Current with the ability to maintain
• Experience with hardware or software design, systems or component level performance analysis, verification, installation, integration and/or test
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: resiliency, government furnished equipment (GFE), requirements development & verification, and space vehicle subsystem relationships.
• Experience with any of the following engineering processes: engineering review boards, discrepancy review boards, configuration management, requirements verification, ground system H/W and S/W engineering processes and aerospace operations.
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule
• Internally motivated desire and aptitude to perform the following in rapid-fire succession, repeatedly: identify issue, survey and assess options, build consensus and agreement with stakeholders, and share team recommendation with comprehensive rationale.
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First