Description:The Project Engineer will support Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Global Sustainment Moorestown Technical Publications in planning, development, and delivery of Technical Manuals (TMs) for U.S. Department of Defense programs, such as Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Acquisition (Pre-Delivery) and Sustainment (Post-Delivery (IPDA/PSA)), Multi-Mission Surface Combatant (MMSC), VLS (Vertical Launching System), and Fast Frigate (FFG) programs.
The Project Engineeer will perform technical tasks and programmatic interactions with customers as directed by functional management and supervisory project staff. This person will review TM submissions by subcontractors to ensure they are accurate, complete, and meet Data Rights and Security Classification Guidelines. This person will perform Engineering Reviews (ERs) to ensure that TMs have been updated accurately and thoroughly with all source data and changes prior to delivery. This person will review Engineering Change Documentation to identify changes required to TMs. This person will review provisioning data to identify what TMs are required per contractual requirements.
In this position you will working in a diverse, fast-paced corporate environment. Bring your inquisitive nature and contribute to the group dynamic!
- LCS shipboard experience to include knowledge of LCS Shipboard Systems/Subsystems/Equipment
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and changes required to TM content including; drawings and schematics, illustrations, System/Subsystem/Equipment functional descriptions
- Ability to read and interpret basic level provisioning data
- Ability to perform ERs to ensure that all changes and source data identified have been incorporated accurately and thoroughly in TMs before delivery
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and Access) and Adobe PDF
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate in writing and in presentations
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Organize effectively, be able to provide accurate and detailed status on tasks
- Work independently, self-starter, ensuring tasks are completed on time without daily monitoring
-Ability to continually identify and recommend process improvements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks/diverse set of responsibilities simultaneously, with short deadlines, and prioritize based on direction or deadline provided
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline
- Proposal Experience, experience with creating BOEs/ROMs
- Knowledge of MIL-DTL-24784; DOD General Acquisition and Development Requirements for Technical Manuals
- Previous USN Experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with processes for acquisition, development, and delivery of TMs or Publications
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and Access) and Adobe PDF
- Ability to review Technical Documentation and apply appropriate Security Classification Guidelines
- Ability to review Contract Statements of Work (SOW) and Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL) and determine TM requirements
- Ability to draft and provide inputs for Subcontractor Statements of Work (SOW) and Subcontractor Deliverable Requirements Lists (SDRL)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Product Support Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First
Posting ID: 554945783Posted: 2020-05-21