Cost management lead for the data center build campuses in AMERs East. The campus cost manager will be responsible for the cost management of multiple large scale data center construction projects from the estimating stage through procurement, contract sum agreement, project cost management and closeout. The campus manager, together with the campus cost management team, will be the point of contact for all cost management and contractual entitlement issues throughout the project duration.
- Work alongside the international DCD Director to commercially manage all projects in the region
- Provide on location commercial management to the projects to ensure that Microsoft are financially and contractually protected
- Management of all commercial issues on all current, future and past projects and report on these issues through the DCD head office in Redmond on a regular basis
- Commercial management of the GC from liaison with our procurement office on the RFP documents through to the final payments and agreement of the final accounts and paperwork. This will also include :
- Agreement of estimates with the GC at during design development and agreement of the GMP.
- Pay application approval
- Commercial agreement of all change orders
- Review of all funding requests
- Review and agreement of all GC procurement of the subcontract packages including the approval of the LOAs (letters of Authorization
- Commercial review of all disputes that may arise
- Commercial management of all other program vendors including AE, Cx, Inspections, PMQS, QRA to include:
- Presenting proposals to head office for purchase order approval
- Approving invoices
- Final closeout
- Manage the QS firm contracted to provide commercial support in the region.
- Assist in the procurement of QS firm
- Provide onboarding of the firm
- Manage the resources allocated to the projects to ensure that they are appropriate in number and quality
- Regular MBUs with the firm
- Payment of invoices
- Cost Reporting: Work with the PMQS, GC and project controls to ensure that the full suite of cost reports are available for review by Redmond on a monthly basis
- Provide the PER (funding) team all commercial support necessary to ascertain the required timing of the funding intervals and all commercial information needed to back up these funding requests to management. This will normally involve the production of multiple option cost scenarios.
- Design Team commercial support: From project kick-off through to final design provide commercial support on business cases, value engineering studies and change control as the design evolves from POR though to final design
- Site selection support: Work with our site selection team in the region to provide constructability reports and site specific comparative estimates on candidate sites. Also provide all funding and PO support necessary for this team to perform in the region
- Commercial Process control: Review the current commercial processes in the region and develop these into a commercial playbook. On agreement of this playbook the candidate shall be responsible for the consistent implementation of same
- 5 years' experience managing the estimating or commercials on a major construction program.
- 5 years' experience negotiating with the other parties construction costs.
- 2 years' professional experience as a Cost Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Project Controls manager, or similar.
- RICS full membership (MRICS or FRICS) or equivalent.
- Experience on location in the construction industry.
- Bachelors in construction. Preferably construction economics or quantity surveying.
- Deep commercial knowledge of construction internationally.
- Working knowledge of construction contracts used internationally.
- Ability to understand what "right" looks like contractually and financially and be then able to negotiate with the other parties to ensure that this is the final position.
- Good communication skills, ability to collaborate with all other areas of the data center program, be able to think strategically, ability to build the trust of our construction partners needed to agree very large construction GMPs and final accounts.
- Construction degree or Construction commercial management degree or Quantity Surveying degree
- 3 years' work experience on an international construction project on the front line agreeing accounts with major international GCs.
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 554946156Posted: 2020-05-21