Microsoft 365 is the world's leading productivity service, entrusted by hundreds of millions of users and customers worldwide, and Microsoft 365 Core is at the center of it. We are building foundational services in email, people, search, intelligence, and analytics services, as well as Microsoft's 365's infrastructure. We deliver these capabilities to Microsoft 365 end-users and customers directly through our own experiences and through our partner teams. We serve consumers and businesses. We also share our capabilities with third-party partners, who extend and make even richer the value we deliver to our users and customers.
Building and running services for all of Microsoft 365 is challenging, but it is fun, rewarding and offers countless ways to positively impact the lives of many millions of people. It is also a huge responsibility -- the trust our users and customers place in us is bedrock.
- Join a team responsible for highly scalable distributed cloud services in a dev-ops environment.
- Customer-focused with a commitment to high quality end to end services through live site and quality-first culture
- As part of a unified engineering team, implement both the features and appropriate tests during development
- Collaborate inside and outside the team, and across remote development locations
- Mentor and develop others by sharing and learning.
- Participate in code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality
- Proactively manage risks and security, and suggests improvements to existing risk-management processes.
- Have fun and learn new things
- 4-5 years of industry software development experience.
- Involvement in designing, implementing, and shipping complex enterprise software products/services
- Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code and to test & debug it
- Involvement in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas
- A passion for software design with a talent for independently solving complex technical problems
- Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability and engineering excellence
- Deep knowledge and experience with object oriented design.
- Experience with multimedia and networking is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis, statistics, machine learning is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.