Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Operations Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
As the Datacenter Operations Manager (DCOM), you will work with the Regional Director of Operations and partner with peer DCOMs and Global Program Managers to drive and implement consistent programs at all datacenters globally. With your team, you will enable the build out, onboarding and operationalization of new datacenter capacity and you will be expected to actively participate in the incident and outage process to ensure proper root cause analysis and appropriate follow-up with affected site contacts. This role calls for a balance of leadership, influence skills, supportive individual contributions, and expertise in enterprise-level operations. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well be able to support some regional and international travel.
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Leading and managing a team of high-performing individual contributors and their ongoing talent development
- Managing and overseeing datacenter site services, logistics, and deployment
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple internal business groups to ensure the successful delivery of service levels
- Analyzing production operations and initiate corrective actions to ensure operational stability
- Initiate and establish quality standards for the Datacenter teams and manage those initiatives through to completion
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy and delivering success
- At least five years' enterprise-level experience managing physical operations in an IT and/or Critical Environment infrastructure
- At least three years' experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Enterprise-level Experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Financial Management experience and good business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
- College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
Background Check Requirements:
Candidates must meet Microsoft, customer and government security background screening requirements for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years after that while in this role.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.