Do you have broad technical knowledge of silicon development process from specification to release to fabrication? You will be part of a team responsible for delivering the latest EDA tool capabilities to the silicon teams within Microsoft. As part of this position you would pave the way for the design team by supporting, deploying, and enhancing the various tools to a variety of RTL, Physical Design, technology, and software teams.
The tasks will include:
- Collaborating with internal design and methodology teams on flow development
- Building and growing the next-generation CAD talent
- Coordinating vendor issues, schedules, and internal deliverables to achieve silicon success
- Learning new vendor tools, features, and capabilities to bring new levels of productivity to design
- Automation via script and tool writing for data gathering and tool deployment
- Support for the installation, licensing, and configuration of the vendor tools
- Documentation and presentation of results
- Minimum of BS + 5 or MS + 3 majoring in digital and analog IC design or computer science
- Technical background in various aspects of silicon engineering including RTL and physical design
- Programming background in C, C++, Java, or equivalent programming language. Good scripting language experience.
- Energetic, Good Communicator, Detail Oriented, Self Motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
This position requires access to export-controlled information, hardware, software, or services. Candidates must have U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or be eligible to receive a U.S. Government export authorization. If the candidate will require a U.S. Government export authorization, any offer of employment for this position is contingent upon Microsoft receiving approval for that authorization from the U.S. Government.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.