The WinDev UX Platforms team delivers modern UI platform technologies for Windows and beyond. We fully embrace open source and the direct connection it gives us to our customers. You can better understand the scope of our team by checking out the repos we own:
We deliver technologies used by hundreds of thousands of developers, including many teams within Microsoft such as the Windows, Xbox, Office, and numerous first-party application and experiences teams.
Our charter includes:
- Enabling developers to create UI that works well across devices
- Expanding the capabilities of our platforms to increase developer productivity - getting more apps to market, faster
- Enhancing the performance of our platforms to enable the creation of rich and engaging UI
- Creating rich new controls that provide end users with delightful interaction and high usability
As a member of the WinDev UX Platforms team, you will be working side-by-side with teammates and customers alike to deliver immediately leveraged value. And you'll partner with other Microsoft teams (like Composition and Input services) to advance the state of the art of UX platforms.
As an experienced engineer it is expected you are able to bridge many different technologies to create unified engineering solutions. This team's charter spans many different stacks and our senior engineers are expected to navigate that and be agents of clarity. You will likely need to interface with many different teams, both inside and outside the company, and build strong partnerships.
The more diverse (in all aspects) our team, the more inclusive our end result. To that end, it is imperative that the candidate pool for any position we open be as robust and diverse as possible. We encourage applicants from any background and with any perspective.
- App development experience (on any platform)
- Familiarity with UI frameworks such as WPF, XAML, Xamarin, iOS, Android, and React
- Experience with Open source projects
- Desire to broaden your coding language base
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.