The Microsoft Identity Team is looking to deliver new self-care experiences that help Microsoft's customers secure their data and resources in Azure, Office 365 and other applications, while keeping their end users productive. Azure Active Directory is Microsoft's cloud service for identity and access management. We manage all the user accounts and sign-ins for Office 365, Azure, and over a million third-party apps. Each month our service manages hundreds of millions of user accounts and over a trillion sign-ins.
We need your help. When a customer configures our service to meet the account provisioning and access management requirements of their users, it does not always lead to the results they need. On occasion there are problems with the infrastructure our service runs on, or other problems.
That is where you come in. We need you to help envision and design the right self-care experiences that make our customers successful in getting the outcomes they need, without requiring our customers to become experts on our service. Example experiences are: a proactive experience for both Customers and Support Engineers to identify potential Identity and Access Management issues within their tenants and to help rectify the issues automatically or with a guided experience, an AI Virtual Agent experience to enable self-care for less complex issues to be solved, or a holistic recovery service for Azure Active Directory.
When you succeed in this role, IT staff at enterprises around the world will use your self-care features to quickly solve problems they have with our service. Most of the Fortune 500 and many other customers around the world will be more secure and productive, thanks to the features you built.
If you have a) a desire to be part of a collaborative and diverse team with high customer interaction, b) comfortable with ambiguity and the iterative process of experimentation, c) experience and passion in designing features that has demonstrated impact to a customer's experience, d) experience to discuss architecture and design patterns, and e) strong negotiation, communication and collaboration skills to establish priorities across stakeholders, then we are looking for you!
The primary responsibility of this job is the end-to-end product management of our self-care features. In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of identity and access management scenarios that require troubleshooting in Azure Active Directory
- Engage deeply with customers, support teams, and partners to integrate feedback and extrapolate customer benefit for product improvements
- Drive definition of self-care experiences that enable customer IT professionals and Microsoft customer support engineers to quickly find the right solution to customer problems.
- Understand and drive technical scenarios and design conversations
- Collaborate with your engineering team during all phases of feature development: definition, UX Designs, implementation, and ongoing operation of the service
- Analyze usage telemetry and other data to drive decisions about feature design and prioritization
- Collaborate with other feature crews in Azure Active Directory to drive supportability improvements such as by refining experiences to prevent recurrence of frequently observed problems.
- Collaborate with other services across Azure and Microsoft so that other services can build on the troubleshooting learnings that you drove, and so that Azure Active Directory can build on the troubleshooting learnings from other Microsoft services.
- A BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related technical disciplines or equivalent
- 5 years' experience as a Program Manager or Engineer with at least 2 full release cycles
- Prior experience designing and developing on services at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical and functional design skills
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision making
- Familiarity with user interface design principals
- Ability to develop product plans and roadmaps, define capabilities, and drive project execution
- Track record of making solid business and engineering tradeoffs to deliver business value
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.