Microsoft is a leader in the design of world class entertainment devices. Microsoft's Silicon team builds custom silicon for Microsoft's innovative hardware products including Microsoft Xbox, HoloLens.
We are looking for a lead senior design engineer to work in our dynamic Silicon team. The candidate must be a highly motivated, self-starter who will thrive in this cutting-edge technical environment. You will be part of the design team, driving many facets of high-performance design in area of CPU. The tasks will include working with architecture teams on IP requirements, developing microarchitecture and writing RTL to the specifications. You will be responsible for working with verification and physical design teams ensuring that design is implemented and verified to the spec.
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 10+ years of experience.
- Familiar with processor instruction set architecture
- Familiar with fetch pipe and various branch prediction schemes
- Experience in designing CPU pipeline at high frequency and in latest process technologies
- Expertise in digital design including microarchitecture specification development, RTL coding in Verilog, LINT and CDC
- Experience in chip design quality tapeout through design and checklist reviews
- Communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration across Microsoft internal groups and external vendors
- Requires occasional travel
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 554946429Posted: 2020-05-21