Responsible for the supervision and direction of all shift production employees. Operate the plant within all safety regulations, quality standards, maintain production standards and as efficiently as possible. Will maintain the highest standard of professionalism, confidentiality and maintain a positive attitude while handling multiple task and priorities. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safety policies and conducting daily section inspections
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings in the absence of the Safety Manager.
- To assure that the company's quality vision policy is adhered to by all personnel within the department.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping and meeting production and quality standards for the shift. Committed to following ISO procedures and communicates the importance of meeting quality requirements to all personnel within department
- Set the example by performing duties safely and address all observed safety hazards.
- Trained to handle emergency situations. (Fire, inclement weather, accidents)
- People planning to ensure adequate coverage on all machines for scheduled production.
- Communicating between shift supervisors to anticipate and prepare for possible production problems.
- Responsible for ensuring machines are producing to specifications of the Traveler (resins, additives, packaging).
- Drives cost down through attention to resin utilization, minimizing waste, and improvement of methods.
- Responsible for processing of employees' Kronos time for payroll.
- Work to meet or exceed department and plant goals.
- Verify that daily Quality records are complete when turned in from production floor
- Work with Q.A. Department for conforming and Non-Conforming products.
- Coordinate with HR the training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions for assigned employees.
- Monitor WebEff for Accurate data entry (maintenance + production results)
- Promote The Gung Ho attitude through good employee communication and feedback.
- Participate on teams - for quality improvement, cost savings, productivity, lean and safety.
- Accurately complete Master Attendance Report (MAR), including staffing adjustments, production reporting, and overtime
- Mentor Senior Team Leaders, Team Leaders, Senior Operators, Machine Operators, Machine Tender Packers.
- Responsible for assigning training for all positions and following up to ensure all training is being completed in a timely manner.
- Have a working knowledge of JDE/WebEff
- Trained in QAN Root cause/Corrective Action
- All other duties as assigned, including performing job duties from current position to entry level positions.
- Adhere to all company policies, and ability to enforce fairly to all employees
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years in manufacturing.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring instruments
- Ability to read and understand work orders
- Knowledge in navigating different computer programs
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack
- Must pass fork lift driver training course
- Ability to follow fork lift procedures and safety regulations.
- Ability to train new employees
- Ability to communicate with employees
- Language skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, simple checklists, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Reasoning skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form
- Extensive experience in flex film manufacturing and troubleshooting abilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 554946482Posted: 2020-05-21