Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work. (sm)
The Certified Medical Assistants for the Dallas area Mobile Team performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Primary Responsibilities:
- Staff in this role deliver exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards.
- This position will work directly with our quality mobile team, contracted physician groups and staff in the respective markets as assigned.
- He/she performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assist and assigned by the Providers or Medical Professionals in charge.
- Organizes the clinical environment and provides support in all patient care situations.
- Support includes but is not limited to assisting physicians and nursing personnel while provide quality customer service to patients
- Perform other procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a medical provider.
- Assists in identifying patient needs or problems and communicating data to the provider or other members of the clinical team.
- Responsible for all policy and procedures being followed correctly including infection control, privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs all duties at the expert level within the scope of a Medical Assistant's scope of practice. Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non intravenous medication performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs. Performs quality control checks on equipment. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner. Identifies when other MA's documentation is incorrect and alerts clinic leadership.
- Trains and mentors other MAs, including assisting with documentation questions;
- Coordinates patient care as directed by provider, and policies/procedures
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times. Ensures others are also respecting patient confidentiality
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments. Gathers supplies as per provider direction. Ensures that supplies are available, stock is inventoried, log data is accurate and supplies are rotated. Follows up with discrepancies.
- Creates and maintains an environment that supports infection prevention
- Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- This role requires driving to provider locations in the following target areas: Plano, Frisco, Coppell, Denton, Flower Mound, Lewisville, Grand Prairie, North Richland Hills, Ft. Worth, Burleson, Mansfield
The pace is fast and you'll need to be comfortable managing multiple priorities. You may be required to work in multiple locations, so scheduling flexibility is essential. You must also be able to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Must have a High school diploma or GED completed
- 1+ year(s) as a Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Skilled with drawing blood (Phlebotomy) and giving injections
- Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant --or have the ability to obtain Certification within a 90 day period from hire date.
- Excellent computer literacy in electronic health record
- Solid Excel skills for scheduling, compliance, reporting and data analysis
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Must be highly skilled at assisting providers by taking patient vital signs, performing all other tasks like EKG, X Rays etc.
- Must be able to travel and work in the Dallas / Fort Worth areas by car as need to. Provider locations are within the following areas: Plano, Frisco, Coppell, Denton, Flower Mound, Lewisville, Grand Prairie, North Richland Hills, Ft. Worth, Burleson, Mansfield
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
Careers with WellMed.
- Some college or degree
- Spanish fluency
- knowledge or expertise with ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and mentor others
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required and assume a leadership role until higher levels of care arrive on scene
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: MA, Medical Assistant, Travel, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Frisco, Coppell, Denton, Flower Mound, Lewisville, Grand Prairie, North Richland Hills, Burleson, Mansfield