The Assistant Environmental works under direct supervision in accordance with established practices, procedures, and administrative policies; performs routine housekeeping duties throughout the medical center.
- Cleans patient rooms, utility rooms, nourishment rooms, conference rooms, offices, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and rest rooms throughout the Medical Center.
- Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, lockers and replenishes supplies.
- Collects all types of trash or needles and disposes of it in a manner appropriate for area.
- High dusts ceilings, ceiling vents, TV's, light fixtures, doors, walls, wall hangings and any flat surface.
- Washes or spot washes assigned walls, cabinets, elevators, counters, desks, and windows as required.
- Cleans floors, carpets, floods and body fluids throughout the Medical Center.
- Cleans, uses and maintains equipment, vacuums, buffers, cleaning cart, buckets/wringers, sweeping tools and mops.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment, unsafe conditions and broken items to immediate supervisor.
- Transports and moves furniture/equipment when needed or as required.
- Cleans and disinfects beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, IV poles and any other items considered part of a patient room. Strips and makes beds throughout the Medical Center.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of at least eighth grade. Ability to communicate effectively follow written and/or oral instructions as demonstrated by a grammar school education or the equivalent; ability to use care and attention in the use of equipment.
Complexity of Work:
- If determined to be uninsurable under hospital plan, will not be permitted to drive a company vehicle.
- Willingness and ability to use courtesy in contacts with patients who are ill and their visitors.
Physical Requirements:Personal Protective Equipment:
- Interest aptitude and ability for housekeeping work as demonstrated by previous experience or the ability to learn.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 554946778Posted: 2020-05-21