Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work
The Customer Service Representative
(Community & State Consumer Retention Specialist)role is within the M&R Telesales segment of United Healthcare. This position is for non-licensed individuals who will be responsible for leading both inbound and outbound call efforts building connections with past and present United Healthcare members through exceptional customer service skills. These efforts help to identify the specific wants and needs of the Medicaid population as well as supporting the organizations goal of further retaining membership and closing gaps in care. The information gathered will be utilized to better align the organization for growth within key markets while focusing on meeting the needs of our consumers.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 3100 AMS Blvd, Green Bay, WI 54313.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group?
Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success.
Some of our offerings includes:
- 18 days of Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement - up to $5,250 per calendar year for job-related coursework
- Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
- Inbound and Outbound Call Campaign Support & Results:
- Maintain a strong understanding of State Medicaid programs
- Meet/Exceed basic call center metrics and expectations consistently (Quality, Adherence, Campaign outcomes, Attendance, etc.)
- Accurately and efficiently collect and input pertinent information obtained into the appropriate company systems
- Ability to navigate through multiple systems, with a general understanding of the United HealthCare Products and Benefits.
- Create meaningful, compassionate connections with Community and State consumers while engaging in fact finding conversations
- Demonstrate compassion while working with individuals who are economically disadvantaged, medically underserved or without employer funder health coverage
- Comfortable with Medicaid eligible client base and possesses compassion and understanding for the Medicaid population.
- Effective organizational skills with a personal focus to complete tasks within communicated deadlines
- Excellent communication skills - demonstrating high level writing and verbal skills. Effective with the dissemination of information and good listener
- Ability to multi-task; understand different Community and State campaigns and how United Healthcare can become or remain relevant in key markets
Offline Performance Focus: - 10%
- Daily management and completion of multiple Community and State call campaigns with initiatives that vary by campaign
- Strong understanding of prioritizing business goals to meet expected campaign deadlines
- With frequent change in campaigns, showcase the ability to exhibit self-direction on prioritizing the daily campaign needs with limited direction
- Adhere to call center format of a prescheduled day, demonstrating flexibility for both inbound and outbound call efforts
- Conduct former member surveys thoroughly and professionally while following an approved script
- Contact newly enrolled members as identified by the Business to welcome them to our health plans. The primary goal of this interaction is to verify key information about the member and review the plan benefits available. The representative should be able to develop a positive relationship and ensure the member has the information and documentation they need to have a positive experience as our member.
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment following the UnitedHealthcare national standard HRA as programmed into CareOne and the HRA database.
- Work effectively with team, and across the organization, to further the goals of the business.
- Building skills through Team Meetings, 1x1 Coaching, Call calibrations, Peer Coaching's etc.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent years of work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Prior health care experience
- Knowledge of billing/finance and eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Understand & supportive of company's vision and mission linked to direct application of methods and strategies to accomplish Community and State business goals.
- Self-driven goal oriented individual with the desire to go above and beyond for a consumer while meeting business metrics
- Ability to demonstrate United HealthCare's Core Values with internal and external interactions.
- Team player with the ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SMCareers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, OptumRx, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, Green Bay, WI