L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Quality Assurance ManagerJob Code:
Ayer, MAJob Description:
- Develop, implement and monitor all key quality systems and procedures.
- Manage quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirementsand proactively support engineering and manufacturing to meet or exceedrequirements.
- Managethe quality organization's budget in support of the company's goals andobjectives.
- Lead the Continual Process Improvement program and reinforce a culture thatsupports it throughout the business.
- Ensuretotal product integrity by providing strategic leadership in establishinga common quality vision, culture, structure, management systems andprocesses.
- Developand implement a company culture of personal accountability through thedeployment of lean manufacturing, employee effectiveness and improved facility utilization strategies to achieve the overall business objectivesassociated with safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customersatisfaction.
- Team with the Supply Chain organization to develop and implement a supplierqualification process and ensure the quality of downstream parts delivery.
- Negotiatewith all current and proposed customers to establish contractual qualityrequirements and quality statement of work.
- Lead/Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root CauseCorrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where applicable.
- Driving KPI metrics to measure operationalperformance, analyze data for improvement.
- Partneringwith corporate/segment/sectorleadership to effect standardized practices and enable end-to-end supplierquality, performance, and on time delivery.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor'sdegree in Engineering or equivalent is required, Master's Degree or MBA ispreferred.
- 8+years of experience working in the Quality Department of a manufacturing facility. DoD preferred.
- Experienceleading quality in a high mix/low volume based business model in thedefense or space industry, specifically for electronic/communicationdefense systems is highly preferred.
- Must havea thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000.
- Experienceworking with major aerospace prime manufacture.
- Detailed experience in either FAA certification or Military Qualification programs a must.Experience in both, desired.
- Experience as a leaderof critical business processes and initiatives and aligning them in an ERPbased enterprise system.Certified Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt, Operational Excellence Leader.
- Lean leadership and change management.
- Demonstrated leadership and change agent skills,deploying lean, kaizen and continuous improvement processes.
- Prior leadership experience operating in a government contracting environment.
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships cross-functionally.
- Strong business acumen.
- Displays high degree of ethics/integrity.
- Stronganalytical and Excel skills
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment toorganizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Officeproducts
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Mustbe able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.