L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Calibration Technician
Job ID: AS20202703-43689
Job Location: Torrance, CA
L3Harris Electron Devices is the industry's foremost domestic manufacturer of high-power radio frequency amplifiers used in satellites as well as other communications and radar applications. In addition to offering a full range of microwave- and millimeter-wave amplifiers to space and defense customers, we also develop and manufacture highly efficient electric thrusters for satellite station-keeping and interplanetary spacecraft propulsion. As a Calibration Technician your responsibilities will include calibration of a variety of test
and process instrumentation items including RF systems, low- and high-voltage power supply systems, lab standards, ESD work stations, and complex test stations used for testing RF amplifiers and components. Calibration activities are performed in lab settings as well as in manufacturing areas..
- You will need at least five years of metrology experience performing RF equipment calibration. Other qualifications that will help you be successful in this position include:Ability to verify power measurements of RF systems and components
- AC/DC calibration experience that includes verifying voltage, current and resistance measurements of test equipment and standards
- The ability to troubleshoot equipment utilizing schematics to carry out required equipment adjustments and minor repairs is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of standard calibration recall systems
- PC proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel is needed; some computer programming experience would be helpful
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Understanding of Mil Standard 45662A and ANSI Z540 calibration system requirements is needed
- Experience writing and/or modifying calibration procedures
- An associate's degree in electronics is preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance; a current or previous DOD security clearance is desirable.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.