Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an Avionics Network Engineer
to join our team with Aerodyne Industries
, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As a Avionics Network Engineer
Qualifications :Required Education/Experience/Skills:This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Create and clarify system and requirements and architectural specifications in consideration of specifications for network (IEEE802.3 Ethernet, and TTE (Time-Triggered Ethernet) protocols).
- Definition of a network architecture in coordination with the development team, product management and the design and software department.
- Creation of network design requirements.
- Coordination and documentation of the concepts phase.
- Ensuring the traceability of requirements.
- Analysis, evaluation and assessment of the limitations of internal, vendor and module prime contractor requirements.
- Implementation, moderation and documentation of reviews.
- Requirement management of existing products.
- Perform other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Strong background in avionics Command and Data Handling, with emphasis on how spacecraft systems route data.
Strong background in ethernet protocols.
Experience in managing requirements and system engineering verification testing in the aerospace sector.
Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
Able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
Experience working in a team environment with collaboration tools such as Slack, Webex, Teams.
Why Work on our Team?
- Basic knowledge of embedded programming.
- Time Triggered Ethernet (TTE) experience is a plus.
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis is a plus.
- Previous experience in the application of computer network technology in space systems is a plus.
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please click on the links below:
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also offer:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised. Come join our team and be a part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Please visit our career page at: www.wehavespaceforyou.com.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.