Description of Duties:
The Cybersecurity Boundary Protection Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research & Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Support the IT Services organization on the IRES contract
- Conduct technology research, trade studies/analysis, design, configuration, installation, and test and implementation of IT network firewall and intrusion detection systems
- Be responsible for deriving system-level requirements from customer needs, project objectives, and architectural standards
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration/Change Management process, to successful implementation and test, for transition to operations and maintenance (O&M)
- Provide key implementations of Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama configurations templates to remote sites
- Provide Palo Alto Panorama management systems patches and updates coordination and execution support
- Provide design, support and implementation of PALO Alto Firewalls and CNDSP services into remote sites attaching to the MDA transport network environment
- Be required to support specified events during off-hours
This position is located at Schriever AFB, CO.
The position will be posted for two weeks ending 21 October 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
#cjpost #ireshiringeventQualifications :Basic Requirements:
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 12 years of general experience; or a Master's degree and 10 years of general experience.
- Must have 8 years of directly related experience
- Must have a DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification (Sec+) and willing to obtain IASAE Level II within 6 months of hire (e.g., CISSP, CASP, CSSLP)
- Must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must have familiarity in Internet Protocols, Next Generation Firewall Palo Alto, troubleshooting and networking (LAN/WAN), TCP/IP, UDP & Multicast, OSPF
- PAN-Ace Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Palo Alto next generation firewall
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Associate (PCCSA) certification
- Familiarity with Riverbed WAN Accelerators, Netscout, and the Remedy Action Request System.
- Familiarity with MDA missions and customers a plus.
- Design Engineering principles and practice, including Engineering Review Board representation,
- Design and depiction of Government categorized drawing representations.
- Experience with Remedy and Change Management environment and process(es)
- Proficient in Linux Cent-OS
Posting ID: 554946932Posted: 2020-07-14