- Assist Project Engineer.
- Assist Production Manager with new and repair jobs.
- When job is assigned, reviews job assignment with Project Engineer.
- Reviews all customer specifications and applies specs to applicable job.
- Perform mechanical design for heat exchanger and vessel fabrication.
- Check generated drawings against design calculations/sketches, customer drawings and applicable codes.
- Make changes and draw details as necessary. Draw all drawings not generated by computer.
- Perform layouts as needed to verify dimensions.
- Generate a bill of materials for each assigned job, and makes appropriate corrections to drawings and bills of materials.
- Performs final Quality Inspections on all drawings.
- After a design review, modify drawings as directed by Project Engineer.
- Become knowledgeable in and utilize the RCS Heat Exchanger design program.
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years experience, preferably in the petrochemical industry
- E. Certification (Desirable)
- Proficient in mechanical design, Auto-CAD LT and Solid Works
- Knowledgeable in PV Elite and/or Code Calc
- HTRI (or equal) thermal design experience is a plus
- Thermal Engineering experience is a plus
- In depth knowledge of applicable codes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working Conditions - Normal office and shop environment. Must be available during the week and weekends to support our shop operations.
Systems Utilized: Auto-CAD, Solidworks, RCS, CodeWare (Compress), PVElite.
Company Benefits: Medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays, vacationWe offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 554947013Posted: 2020-05-21