L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Lead Application Software EngineerJob Location: Camden, NJJob Description:
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Lead Application Software Engineer is responsible for leading teams of software developers through all phases of the software development life cycle to develop innovative software components to support L3Harris C5 and Cyber Solution Centers.Essential Functions
- Developing and tracking software development schedule, assigning tasking, managing cost accounts
- Interfacing and coordinating with all engineering development disciplines, project engineering and program management
- Oversee formal design and test reviews, prepare and present technical briefings, report project status
- Guide team members on the application of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target hardware
- Hands-on leadership in the development and evaluation of interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal test
- Develop software test plans and procedures, and other relevant technical documentation
- Utilize modeling tools and equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results
- Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
- Utilize a variety of software languages (e.g., Java, Python, Angular, C++, Go) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems
Preferred Additional Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or related field
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance. TS/SCI is highly desirable.
- 6+ years of experience developing software for desktop, mobile, and/or web applications with an object-oriented programming language.
- Demonstrated ability leading small to medium sized software development teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance. TS/SCI is highly desirable.
- Object-oriented design and implementation experience, with exposure to software modeling and UML
- Java development experience
- Experience developing RESTful web APIs
- Experience with any of the following:
- Experience debugging web applications
- Experience with static code analysis, code coverage tools, and automated test frameworks
- RF knowledge (including SW Defined Radio)
- Ability to read and debug C++ applications
- Knowledge of network architectures andprotocols
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.