EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.Job Title:
Lead EngineerJob Summary:
EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead Engineer in Bethesda, MD. The Lead Engineer will provide services to include supervising personnel, and performing maintenance and repair of equipment. Must have or be able to maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and Maintain electrical and mechanical systems: boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, emergency generators and potable domestic water system.
- Provide direction to all personnel working during his shift.
- Make periodic tours of all equipment and systems within ICC-B compound, and maintain operational records.
- Troubleshoot systems using prints and wiring diagrams.
- Monitor and operate assigned control systems.
- Monitor all water treatment equipment, chemical and test- making changes as required;
- Record and Report all Faults, deficiencies, and unusual occurrences to the Chief Engineer, Plant Manager or Base Services Manager.
- Respond to emergency situations site wide, performing any and all tasks necessary for the protection of property and personnel;
- Coordinate and communicate with company, client and contractor personnel.
- In the absence of Chief Engineer, provide direction to all assigned personnel.
- Perform other job related work as assigned.
- Must have or be able to maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess MD Class I stationery engineer license or DC 3'ct steam boiler engineer license.
- Must possess universal CFC certification.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Working knowledge of piping systems
- Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions.
- May be required to work other shifts, including days, evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Be capable, as required to stand watches for personnel under their supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems and electricity including equipment and testing instrumentation.
- Knowledge of and experience with valves, traps, strainers, and refrigeration systems
- Six years of experience in commercial/industrial operations.
- Minimum of three years of experience as an operator in a large steam and chiller plant.
- One year experience in generator operations.
High school, technical school, apprenticeship, trade school graduate or equivalent required.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer- Veterans/Disabled.#CB2
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Minimum of three year of experience as an operator in a large steam (I 00,000 lb/hr or greater total capacity) and chiller (10,000 t/hr or greater total capacity) plant.
- Ability to effectively lead a small group.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Formalized training in stationery engineering or related crafts.
Posting ID: 554947710Posted: 2020-07-14