Ambulatory Surgery - AndersonShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Provides direct care to patients in need of assistance or total care and activities of daily living. Completes duties assigned by the RN or designated healthcare professional (HCP) in accordance with federal, state and local regulations within the policies, procedures, guidelines and department-specific addendum of Mercy Health. Provides support as the cardiac monitor watcher by conscientiously viewing the central station cardiac monitor screens and reporting observations relevant to patient tracings to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONRequired Minimum Education:
- Observes and accurately interprets cardiac monitors and reports changes in baseline rhythm patterns.
- Documents patient data according to policy under direct supervision of RN/LPN or designated healthcare professional.
- Provides support to RN by assisting with patient care, retrieving supplies from other departments, and delivering specimens or picking up blood supplies from the laboratory.
- Provides clerical support and coordinates communication to support the function of the nursing unit.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills, including telephone, electronic, and in person. Relays clear, concise information, uses courtesy and tact in relating to patients/visitors, employees and providers and escalates issues when appropriate using established protocols and the chain of command.
- Attends and participates in unit/department meetings per unit policy and participates in required programs.
- Participates in quality improvement studies and projects as directed.
High School Diploma/GED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):Required:
Current STNA certification at time of hire or two years recent experience in acute or long term care facility or nursing student with 1 semester of clinical rotation completed Preferred:
Biannual renewal of STNA certification preferred but not required MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSMinimum Years and Type of Experience:
Preference for recent experience in acute care or long term care facilityOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
CPR with BLS, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, obtained within 6 months of hireOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Computer proficiency with ability to access and input data into multiple programs Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Telemetry Unit - Anderson - Short Stay All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 554948078Posted: 2020-07-02