Patient Transport - St. ElizabethShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Transports patients from their room throughout hospital as needed to ancillary departments; adheres to schedules and notifies departments of schedule changes in a timely manner. Transports patients in a safe and efficient manner including use of AIDET. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Transports patients and patient related items to and from various hospital locations to ancillary departments utilizing appropriate resources to ensure safe patient transport. Ensures patient is covered for comfort and/or privacy. Stays with patient at all times. Gives Hand-off communication to the receiving nurse. Verifies patient information using two forms of verification and makes sure the patient has proper identification bracelet. Notifies appropriate department within five minutes of patient delay for scheduled procedure or therapy sessions. Maintains daily transportation logs which includes departure and arrival times, name of patient, and/or equipment transported. May provide life saving care during emergency codes.
- Monitors and inspects patient care equipment prior to and during transports. Cleans and maintains hospital transport equipment/wheel chairs and uses hospital monitor program to monitor transport as per schedule and disinfects surfaces between transports. Reviews equipment/orientation checklist at least annually to ensure competent use of equipment.
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GEDSpecialty/Major:Preferred Education:Specialty/Major:Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
BLS upon hire or obtained within the employee's department orientation period.Licensure/Certification Preferred:Minimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred:
Healthcare and/or transport experience preferred Direct Care - Physical Demands
Occasional - 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent - 34 to 66% of workday
Constant - 67 - 100% of workday
Not at all - 0% of workday Occasional
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72"; Bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; Lift 0-50#, 6-36" from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2hand(s)), operating machines 2foot/feet). Frequent
Standing, walking 2.3 mph, 0 incline; unilateral horizontal reach 0-18"; bilateral carry, 30', 27#; push/pull 100', 19ft lbs; hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 minutes; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr with gait belt; move 200# person up in bed with assist of one and sheet; lift 0-30#, 6"-36" from floor; lift 0-20# 36"-48" from floor; lift 0-20# 6"-72" from floor. Constant
Bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aided or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands. Not at All
Climbing ladders; working from heights; crawling; kneeling; running
Category I job classification - HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that routinely involve exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and/or used sharps.
Job Hazard Risks:
Infectious Disease Exposure
Hazard Materials Exposure (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical)
Workplace Violence Potential
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Patient Transport - St. Elizabeth All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org