Perrysburg ED Imaging - Toledo Regional OfficeShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthMammography TechnologistGENERAL SUMMARY:
Provides a variety of technical radiographic procedures including the additional modality of mammography under the direction of a radiologist. Clerical procedures, and other duties will be assigned as directed by the mammography supervisor or department manager. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Education: Graduate of an approved JRC program.
3. Knowledge and Abilities:
Attends educational programs as described by department policy.
Participates in staff meetings and stays abreast of changes in policies, procedures and technical advancements.
Employed safe operation principals of x-ray generating equipment.
Knowledge of hospital procedures including infection control. Skill and accuracy in patient positioning and scientific application of established technical factors.
Interacts with patients, physicians and co- workers on a professional level that promotes the well being of the patient and teamwork among the health care providers.
Employed proper body mechanics techniques for the transportation, transfer and positioning of patients and equipment.
This caregiver provides service to all age groups.
4. Registration, Certification or Licensure Requirement:
Current BLS certification.
Certification in Mammography.
Maintains professional certifications.
Orientation to provide understanding of existing hospital and departmental policies and procedures, as well as the values and requirements of Mercy Health Partner's Mission Services. WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Work is performed in a demanding, fast paced working environment with possible exposure to contagious disease and human body fluids.
2. Full range of body motion and lifting up to 70 pounds required. LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY:
1. None Key Job Duties, Responsibilities and Project
1. Maintains proficiency with all procedures and equipment in the assigned radiology area, performs procedures with efficiency and safety.
2. Maintains technical proficiency in the additional modality of Mammography.
3. Maintains or develops other related skills depending upon the departmental need.
4. Ensures a state of cleanliness and readiness throughout the work area, assures the physical and emotional well being of the patient while in our care.
5. Documents appropriate patient information on requests and supplemental forms. Completes all other required documentation such as routine equipment checks and QA activities, provides other statistics as necessary.
6. Interacts with department staff, ancillary departments, nursing staff, physicians and patients to ensure an organized and comprehensive implementation of patient care. This includes pre and post exam patient education.
7. Performs limited office duties which may include registration.
8. Complies with established hospital policies, procedures, and practices to assure that standards of quality, efficiency and safety are met. Deals fairly, reasonably, considerately and honestly with all others associated with the hospital including employees, patients, visitors; respects other personal dignity and rights.
9. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated Manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
10. Responsible for placement and take down of films on alternators.
11. Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
12. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, Service) of Mercy.
13. Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
14. Provides service to all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span by completing continuing education program.
Interprets information need to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific need:
Neonate Pediatric Adolescent Adult Geriatric
15. *Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
*Indicates Non-Essential job functions.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Perrysburg ED Imaging - Toledo Regional Office All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org