Respiratory Therapy - WestShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The Registered RCP delivers critical and non-critical patient care services to all age groups using selected invasive and noninvasive techniques related to the cardiopulmonary system. The Registered RCP provides respiratory care in critical care areas as needed. The Registered RCP is a resource individual for other members of the Respiratory Care department, nursing, ancillary staff, and residents. The Registered RCP provides expert care utilizing intuitive reasoning skills and experience. The Registered RCP demonstrates a high level of commitment and professionalism. Essential Functions:
- Responds quickly and effectively in highly complex, rapidly changing, and/or unfamiliar situations. Performs invasive and noninvasive diagnostic procedures. Responsible for providing critical care to patients.
- Participates on multi-disciplinary teams regarding cardiopulmonary status. Applies technical knowledge to consult with physicians with regard to cardiopulmonary status.
- Educates patients on their disease state, wellness, home care modalities, safety, smoking cessation, mobility assist, and medication information.
- Maintains current knowledge of hospital policies and procedures, computer based training (CBT) modules,The Joint Commission (TJC) and other regulatory agency's standards, and competent practice of Respiratory Care as adopted by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board.
- Demonstrates awareness of budgetary processes, productivity demands, and also proper use of equipment, materials, supplies, time, workload and financial resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of performance improvement goals, monitors projects including data gathering measures, involved in process test of change for improvements, and follows up with department staff.
- Correctly completes, records, and accurately captures charges in the patient medical record (Electronic Medical Record).
Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy
Candidate must have a current license to practice respiratory care issued by the Ohio Board of Respiratory Care. Current BLS required.
ACLS, PALS, NRP preferred Shift/ Schedule
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Respiratory Therapy - West All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 554948133Posted: 2020-06-18