Data Analyst WHO WE ARE
KBR is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services. WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver! ABOUT THIS POSITION
TheKBR Software and IT Solutions Sector is looking for a Data Analyst to support our Weapons software development team. Weapons is a supportability tool used to provide accurate data that can help define trend analysis and determine asset readiness.
The successful candidate will analyze government provided data to ensure accurate projections, interpret source data to ensure alignment in a database friendly language to provide aircraft and weapons logistics data analysis, database administration and support services including the installations, operations and maintenance, performance monitoring and support, backup and recovery, security management, and insuring the availability of the SQL Server operating systems. The primary responsibilities of the candidate include:
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBRwyle:
- Work with development teams to assist in overall database design, helping developers tune queries, assigning proper indexes, and aiding developers in the creation of triggers and stored procedures.
- Import and export data to and from the SQL Server database(s).
- Develop, maintain, execute database scripts.
- Create and monitor ETL through SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Create/develop database documentation such as Entity Relationship Diagrams, Database Schema Reports, Data Element Dictionaries, etc.
- Create and maintain detailed operating procedures, configuration documentation, and maintenance plans for the SQL Server environment within development, test, staging and Government hosting environments.
- Create and execute SQL Server backup and recovery policies and maintain integrity and reliability of access to information.
- Perform routine backup and recovery testing, including testing and documenting recovery scenarios.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related technical field with five (5) years of experience. An Additional (8) years of experience may be substituted for the degree.
Clearance Requirement: US Citizen with ability to obtain a Secret DOD security clearance or higher.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of Transact-SQL programming utilizing scripts and functions for SQL, data manipulation
Knowledge of building stored procedures and various database join types
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Understand Entity-Relationship and coding using ER diagrams
Familiar with NAVAIR data sources such as: DECKPLATE, CAVTS, AFAST, DLA, NAVSUP, NALCOMIS,
COMPTIA Security + Certification
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Administrator 2016 and/or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Implementation and Maintenance
Experience working in an Agile environment
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.